- 56 days ago, Trump promised, “anybody who wants a test can get a test.” (Not true today)
- 3️ days ago, Trump said the US will run 5 million daily virus tests “very soon.” (We currently run about 220,000 daily)
- 2️ days ago, on the same day that we became the first nation in the world with 1,000,000 cases and more US deaths than the Vietnam war, the Trump administration called their response a “great success story.” (It is not)
For months, Donald Trump downplayed the crisis, and didn’t take it seriously when he should have been listening to the repeated warnings of experts, preparing our nation with enough supplies, and taking decisive action to stop the virus from spreading more rapidly. In fact, on January 9, January 14, January 18, January 19, January 28, January 30, February 1, February 10, February 15, February 19, February 20, February 21, February 28, March 7, and March 8, Trump was playing golf or at a campaign rally instead of preparing for the pandemic ahead.
Thanks to Trump’s slow response and failure to deliver on his promises to secure enough tests and masks, the US is paying the price:
- The US is only 4% of the world’s population, but has more than ⅓ of the world’s reported cases — more than 1 million;
- The US leads the world with more than 60,000 deaths — more than the Vietnam War;
- At least 30 million Americans have lost their jobs amid the economic crisis caused by Trump’s botched coronavirus response.
Unfortunately, nothing indicates that Trump has learned from his past failures. All we see is the same impulsive, erratic and chaotic decision-making that got us into this mess.
Today, our asks are simple:
- Watch this video. We were really proud to release it with our partners at Brave New Films and think it’s critical to tell the real story of how we got here, and Trump’s continued failure.
- Share it. You can RT it on Twitter here or hit the share button on Facebook here. Encourage your fellow Indivisibles, friends, and family to do the same.
- Chip in to get it in front of more voters before November. If you can chip in a few bucks to help us get this video in front of more voters on Facebook and Instagram ahead of November, and support all of our work, we’d really appreciate it.
Please stay safe — and stay home.