- This event has passed.
Impeach on the Beach!
June 1, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm PDT
A peaceful, no-cost, family-friendly event, hosted by IndivisibleSF.org and organizer Brad Newsham.
NOTE: The above picture from January 2007 (the Bush/Cheney administration) shows 1,000 people lying down in 100-foot-tall lettering. Live footage from the helicopter went national on ABC News, then international on CNN.
At the upcoming June 1 event, 5,000 people will be standing upright to spell out “IMPEACH” in 150-foot-tall letters that will stretch 610 feet on Ocean Beach.
DETAILS: (And please check back here for updates.)
- PLEASE sign up, so the hosts know how to plan.
- Arrive via public transportation as possible (parking is quite limited at Ocean Beach). The 5, 18, and 31 Muni routes all stop nearby. (Don’t take N-Judah unless you want to make the long walk up from that end of the beach.)
- Arrive by 11 a.m., take an information sheet from one of the volunteers, and follow the directions.
- At noon, at least one helicopter and one photographer will be overhead to capture imagery that is sure to go viral.
- Don’t be late. Official completion time is 12:30, but these events usually finish early. If you arrive at 12:15, you will almost certainly have missed the whole event.
NOTE: On this same weekend, the California Democratic Party will be holding its annual convention in downtown San Francisco. Also in San Francisco on June 1, MoveOn.org is hosting 2020 presidential candidates Julián Castro, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren (and perhaps others) in a Big Ideas Forum.