Santa Cruz Indivisible is a group of 3000 people who are engaged as active citizens in the political process at the local, state, national and international arenas, and focus on a progressive political agenda.
To this end we honor the vision of the founders of the United States:
- To be informed about the facts of the civic issues of the day
- To be informed about the founder’s vision for the United States of America
- To participate in dialogue about policy with all fellow citizens
- Concern ourselves with the welfare of all of our fellow citizens
- To pursue a progressive political agenda
We are a chapter of the Indivisible National movement and use the Indivisible Guide as part of our tactics.
- To stand behind, and implement progressive values through our elected officials and the democratic process.
- Respond, Resist, Restore – We will Respond to the new and ongoing attacks on the progressive political legislative gains that have been made in the past 20 years; we will Resist further attacks, and we will Restore any damage done in the short term with a view for the long term.
- We hold dear the founding principles of: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness for all citizens regardless of race, gender, economic status, or sexual orientation or religious affiliation. All people have the inherent right to these values.
- We conduct our actions with non-harming intentions nor do we seek conflict for conflict sake.
- We will work with all citizens towards solutions that bring all citizens benefit, including the principle 7th generation from the Great Law of Peace from the Iroquois Nation (which was recognized by the US Congress to have had a significant impact on the development of the US Constitution)